Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dvi-i cable clarifiation

Status
Not open for further replies.
while i was reading about dvi-i cables i have seen that it can support both analog video signal and digital video signals.can u explain me about the difference between analog and digital video signals . thanks you

One thing i am not clear.As the image are present in binary values in hard disk , then why the video card want to convert brightness to analog and analog to brightness(for analog monitor) rather than converting digital values to analog .sorry if my thought is wrong.Thank you in advance

No the data isn't stored on the hard disk. It is written by the CPU to the video card (greatly simplifying things) which then does the work to convert it to either an analogue signal or a digital signal.

The video card then converts this data to a red / green / blue voltage with appropriate signal timings for the VGA or a digitally encoded value for HDMI / DVI.

Again - greatly simplifying things but may make it a bit easier for you to understand.

i heard lcd screen have digital input and analog input.but my lcd monitor(acer)only have analog input.i ensured this because its connector is vga

i heard lcd screen have digital input and analog input.but my lcd monitor(acer)only have analog input.i ensured this because its connector is vga

Why do you care?, it makes no difference - VGA is just as good as DVI or HDMI - in fact it 'could' even be slightly better (as 'could' either of the other two), but essentially they are the same.

one last doubt.every one says that video card do his work and then its feed to computer and sound card converts the digital things to analog.but explicitly i did not see that on my cpu.is it embedded in pc.if so where it will be.thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back