Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dumb kid need help! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
sheing3003 said:
it wasnt given in the datasheet, but i calculate it it's like 9*10^7 bits/sec

**broken link removed**

Well a PIC running at 4Mhz has a 1uS instruction cycle, so if it takes 10 instructions to read the port, then the maximum possible transfer is only 100,000 per second - this is ignoring actually doing something with the data.

Have you ever used one of these Kodak units?, it looks like there's a fair bit of setting up required?.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Well a PIC running at 4Mhz has a 1uS instruction cycle, so if it takes 10 instructions to read the port, then the maximum possible transfer is only 100,000 per second - this is ignoring actually doing something with the data.

Have you ever used one of these Kodak units?, it looks like there's a fair bit of setting up required?.

No i haven't used those Kodak unit before, and I'm new to PIC also. Right now I'm just planning and draw out the schematics. What should I do? I'm not even sure if my calculation is correct...
Right now, my idea is to read the data by parallel connection and send it to PC without storing (store a few line) inside the PIC (because there's no enough memory), any suggestions?

thanks alot for helping the dumb kid

I would suggest trying doing it directly into the PC, using the parallel port, you've got much better compiler and debugging support on the PC. Once you've got it working like that, and understand how to use the chip, you could then see about using a PIC instead.

But first off, this isn't a trivial project, nor a beginners project, you should start with something much easier and work up!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back