Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Drive Image 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

2PAC Mafia

Hello,

at work I have a LAN with 4 computers with Windows 2000 operating system installed on them. The LAN is working without any problem but now I want to connect a new computer on it only to save the image files from the rest of the computers hard disks.

My idea is to install Drive Image on each computer, then program the backup tasks on each one and save them on a shared folder from the new computer.

I do the installation and then appears this window where you put the data for the network but I´m not sure what I have to configure there because if I put the data from the local computer is not working, I get an error message "Is not possible to find the access route to the network" when you start the program and then when I type the paths to save the images on the computer from the network another message appears which says "Access denied".

Anybody has worked with this software on a network?

Attachments

• drive_image_1.jpg
    drive_image_1.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 433
Hello Lord Loh,

thank you for the information, but finally I solved the problem using another program called Acronis True Image v8.0 very similar to Drive Image. With this one I could do what I wanted.

I might add that I'm thoroughly pleased with the Acronis Product... far ahead of the competition (IMHO) with regards to features and options.

For example, I was able to rescue data off of a laptop that would not boot from the HD due to hard drive corruption using the network... I booted with the True Image CDROM and I imaged the drive to a local shared directory...

Truly wonderful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back