Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Drive/Control Coil for dc-iris lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

padu

Folks,

I'm lost here, I have a CCTV video lens that has a mechanized iris. The lens I'm using is the DC type (not the one that uses the video signal). It has 4 wires: Control (-), Control (+), Drive (+) and Drive (-).
The lens manual says that maximum voltage is 6V while 0.5V closes the iris and 4V opens the iris. I'm attaching a schematic cut from the lens manual if that helps.

My question is: how can I control that iris by myself? Yesterday I tryed plugging 5V to drive+ and GND to drive- and nothing happened (I added a current limiting resistor in series just in case).

Anyone have a clue on how to control this lens? If I have a 5V psu, just a pot is enough to control it?

Thanks

Padu

Attachments

• dc-iris.gif
    dc-iris.gif
    13.5 KB · Views: 2,062
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back