Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Divide by 1.333 or Multiply by 0.75 circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goldsphere said:
Hey that's really awesome! Thanks heaps em2006.
I will try it out as soon as I can.
There is one error (on the divide by 4), and one improvement that I would recommend (on the divide by 3). On the divide by 3, the pulse from the AND gate is generated by propagation delays and is therefore narrow. I couldn't find a minimum pulse width spec for the CD4046, so I think the modification I made will be safer.
In the divide by 4, it was a divide by 2, again with a sliver as the pulse to the 4046. I changed it to divide by 4, and fed back a 50% duty cycle to the 4046.
I can't vouch for the correctness of the rest of the circuit.

Attachments

• cd4046 freq multiplier.PNG
    cd4046 freq multiplier.PNG
    15.5 KB · Views: 799
audioguru said:
Yes of course. You connect an output to the reset pin then it counts up to that pin. But each output is still only one clock pulse wide.
True, but the phase detector II on the 4046 doesn't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back