Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dish antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to find a small meter or devise which can be used to allign Sat-dish.
Somthing like saterlite meter or similar cheeper one. also useful to allign ordinary antenna with out a TV. (because TV cannot be taken to roof top or top of the building)
Is there such device. Can we use ordinary meter (multimeter or cable TV measuring device) to simulate such thing.

Your idea would be highly appreciated.

mahinda jayasinghe said:
I want to find a small meter or devise which can be used to allign Sat-dish.
Somthing like saterlite meter or similar cheeper one. also useful to allign ordinary antenna with out a TV. (because TV cannot be taken to roof top or top of the building)
Is there such device. Can we use ordinary meter (multimeter or cable TV measuring device) to simulate such thing.

You can buy them, they are commonly used in the aerial and satellite trade - but one would be fairly complicted to build. A TV meter is basically the tuner and IF sections of a TV set, with a meter on the AGC line - the older ones usually used a mechanical rotary tuner.

We used to have one at work that used valves, it was powered from two motorbike batteries - and weighed a ton!.

Why not use one of the small B/W televisions you can get?, they have internal batteries, and would be easy to carry to the roof - and they cost hardly anything!.

Are you talking about signals from a satellite, like directv, or local channels?

This is the unit I use (although I sell it cheaper)...
**broken link removed**

This is a nicer one,capable of 22khz switching compatable with dish pro and direct tv triple lnb.You can get simple analog ones cheaper,but this makes it real easy to align,and accurate.Now I am not sure what you are looking to spend,but there is the birddog line of meters that accually tell you what satellite you are on by name.They can be pricey.However this is an electroinc builders site,and I would be curious as well to see a schematic of a simple analog meter....... :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back