Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Different (16F628 and 16F84A)??

Status
Not open for further replies.

amady

Actually i'm try to setup the PIC kit like nigel's site.. when i'm trying to change the programming (.asm)... it has an error... so which one 'WORD' is not same between 16F628 and 16F84A??? so i can modified the programming...

plz hlp!!!

amady said:
Actually i'm try to setup the PIC kit like nigel's site.. when i'm trying to change the programming (.asm)... it has an error... so which one 'WORD' is not same between 16F628 and 16F84A??? so i can modified the programming...

As I've already mentioned in the other thread, the differences are very slight - if you check MicroChip's website there is a migration document which gives the (very few) differences required.

amady said:
williB said:
it has an error...
what was the error ?

I think i was solve the error... the error is can't recognize command CMCON....

Those are the two lines you have to remove, the 16F628 has internal comparators which are turned ON by default - those two lines (writing to CMCON) turn the comparators OFF, making it look like a 16F84.

Those are the two lines you have to remove, the 16F628 has internal comparators which are turned ON by default - those two lines (writing to CMCON) turn the comparators OFF, making it look like a 16F84.

Yap... i was remove all this thing and it sucessfully... but sometimes when i run MPLAB it come the error:

source file path exceeds 62 characters

what it's mean...??? :shock:

I try to find the difference between PIC16F84A and 16F628 at microchip.com but i don't find it...

amady said:
i run MPLAB it come the error:

source file path exceeds 62 characters

What the problem??

I would have thought it's fairly obvious?, the error message is quite explicit, the file path to your code is too long. Move it closer to the root directory, or use more sensible shorter directory names. MPASM itself (the MicroChip assembler) is only a 16 bit application, and so only handles short 8.3 filenames - MPLAB appears to act as a handler for MPASM (but I never use MPLAB, so I can't be sure), and sorts out the filenames, but appears to still have some limitations.

But really, your directory/file path shouldn't be approaching 62 characters!.

Nigel: but I never use MPLAB, so I can't be sure

So can i know what asembler was you used?? It's free??? :lol:

Nigel Goodwin said:
Yes it's free, it's called MPASM and is installed along with MPLAB - you may need to look in the MPLAB directory for it - it's MPASMWIN.EXE.

Thanks nigel, i was solve my problem.. the 'atferrari' was give some tip.. I was download your zip file for .asm and also the hardware. But the stepper motor tutorial is not there :!: ... TQ :lol:

amady said:
Thanks nigel, i was solve my problem.. the 'atferrari' was give some tip.. I was download your zip file for .asm and also the hardware. But the stepper motor tutorial is not there :!: ... TQ :lol:

No, I haven't written it yet - so much to do, so little time :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back