Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Desoldering iron with spring pump - anything worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are looking for cheep Vac pump, asource of 12V v pumps is older cars 80s vintage. These 3 pumps are from a BMW. Toyota. Mitsubishi. They all had Vac operated Cruise controls. I got these for free by removing them before the vehicles were crushed by the scrap yard. For molten solder to be sucessfuly removed it requires a quick sharp vacume, which the spring loaded cheep iron does. Just some options if you want to experiment.

Attachments

• Vac pump.JPG
    Vac pump.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 159
@debe: Thank you VERY much! These are the answers I was looking for! It seems to be the same soldering iron that I intend to buy (your soldering tip looks somewhat different - narrower). I think I will buy this one - and, as you say, practice, practice and practice... Thank you (and others, of course) again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back