Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Denon avr-588 protect mode, possibly short somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

muribe

I have a Denon AVR-588 and when it is turned on it goes into protect mode by a flashing red light. I would like to fix it myself but am not very familiar with repairing electronic equipment. I was told that i could use a multimeter to test and possibly find the problem area and possibly fix it. Any help would be great.

An amp probably should not be your first repair. Protect mode is caused by too much DC (Direct current) at the speaker terminals. Take a look at a few threads down about repairing a sub-woofer which I have been trying to walk a member through.

I have to agree here, an amp repair isn't a beginner project, not unless you are happy for it to go in the bin afterwards :)
Best advice is let an experienced tech repair it for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back