Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Decoding 433.92mhz remote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottish_Jason

Hi guys, loving the look of this forum and look forward to using it. If anybody can help me with a current project I am working on that would be great.

I have an "Owl wireless power strip" which can turn on outlets wirelessly using a 433.92mhz remote control.
I am trying to decode the signals that are sent from the remote so I can replicate the bitstream from an arduino and thus control the device via a webpage for example.

I tried using rtl_433 in linux to try and automatically decode it for me but nothing appeared when I pressed buttons on the remote. Is the remote perhaps on a different modulation type than my 433 recevier?
Hooking up a 433 receiver to a breadboard and checking the serial monitor for any output also never displayed any data.

I recorded the transmission of "button 4" using SDR# and audacity. Can anybody decode this waveform or at least shed some light on a possible route for me to take? I am finding it difficult to work out which modulation it is using and what the actual datastream is... ( new to radio stuff - and arduino! )

Thanks guys!

Attachments

• button 4.png
    button 4.png
    80.5 KB · Views: 423
This is tricky as there may be one of several modulations used. It is likely a very simple type. I will guess that ASK (amplitude shift keying) is the first type to try. Then there is the coding used. Maybe this site will be helpful : **broken link removed**

Take the remote apart and look inside. You may be able to see one of the standard Encoder chips. I am using some from Ebay that are super cheap and use the SC2272-M4 decoder. The corresponding encoder is in the transmitters. You might be able to buy a receiver with decoder on EBay for <$3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back