Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Date Code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you can forget that one. Date codes tend to be a manufacturer's "internal" code. A very common 4-digit date code format is WWYY where WW is the week from 01 to 52 and YY is the last two digits of the year. That means, a la DOS, we can't tell the difference in a cap made in 1905 and 2005! :)

Dean

Dean Huster said:
I think you can forget that one. Date codes tend to be a manufacturer's "internal" code. A very common 4-digit date code format is WWYY where WW is the week from 01 to 52 and YY is the last two digits of the year. That means, a la DOS, we can't tell the difference in a cap made in 1905 and 2005! :)

Dean
Except that a cap made in 2005 is rarely made with a glass jar and two layers of foil, like we had when I was in school. :D

Also, some do a version of the "Julian Days" code, then convert to hex to reduce the number of digits.

Except that a cap made in 2005 is rarely made with a glass jar and two layers of foil, like we had when I was in school.

I was going to add something similar to my post, but knowing Ron's always on the prowl, knew that I had to play the straight man at times.

Not to imply that Ron isn't straight ....

Dean
[/i]

Dean Huster said:
Except that a cap made in 2005 is rarely made with a glass jar and two layers of foil, like we had when I was in school.

I was going to add something similar to my post, but knowing Ron's always on the prowl, knew that I had to play the straight man at times.

Not to imply that Ron isn't straight ....

Dean
[/i]
HEY.... :!:
Thanks for the setup, Dean. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back