Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstechca

After extensive (and almost exhaustive) playing with my superregen receiver, I am now thinking of giving up trying to pick up a TV station in. I managed to pick up 90% of the FM band in. I also picked up this weird station in. (it was in the frequency between 108Mhz and 250Mhz.)

This station works as follows:
Whitenoise occurs when the station is off.
As soon as it turns on, two tones are produced for about 1 second. It sort of sounds like someone blowing bubbles under water.
Next, it sounds like extra tones are mixed in with the first tones for about 1 second.
Now the extra tones are gone, and only the first tones are played again for a random amount of time.
At the end, whitenoise occurs again.

The whole process repeats.

It does it more often in the day than at night.

This happens when I set my LC circuit to 225Mhz and 144Mhz.

Is this actually packet radio data, cuz if it is, I think I have my ticket to the internet!

I'd say that there are endless things that you could be hearing with your receiver. It could be paging, amateur radio packet, portable phones, commercial/govt/institutional data.

the sound and the sequence mentioned above is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back