Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

D2182 datasheet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

epilot

hello

i bought 10 of "D2182" transistors but i couldnt find ANY datasheet for them in the net??? :(
i dont know why there is no data for them on the net?

thanks for any input.

Maybe You bought as rest of repair service. This type often used only in Japanese videos.

Attachments

• 2sd2182.pdf
    88.3 KB · Views: 328
Part Number = 2SD2182R
Description = Si NPN Power Bipolar Junction Transistor
Manufacturer = Panasonic
V(BR)CEO (V) = 100
V(BR)CBO (V) = 100
I(C) Abs.(A) Collector Current = 2.0
Absolute Max. Power Diss. (W) = 1.0
I(CBO) Max. (A) = 0.1u
h(FE) Min. Static Current Gain = 120
h(FE) Max. Current gain. = 240
@I(C) (A) (Test Condition) = 200m
@V(CE) (V) (Test Condition) = 2.0
f(T) Min. (Hz) Transition Freq = 80M
Status = Discontinued
Package = SIP
Military = N

Part Number = 2SD2182S
Description = Si NPN Power Bipolar Junction Transistor
Manufacturer = Panasonic
V(BR)CEO (V) = 100
V(BR)CBO (V) = 100
I(C) Abs.(A) Collector Current = 2.0
Absolute Max. Power Diss. (W) = 1.0
I(CBO) Max. (A) = 0.1u
h(FE) Min. Static Current Gain = 170
h(FE) Max. Current gain. = 340
@I(C) (A) (Test Condition) = 200m
@V(CE) (V) (Test Condition) = 2.0
f(T) Min. (Hz) Transition Freq = 80M
Status = Discontinued
Package = SIP
Military = N

Attachments

• 2sd2182_japaneese.gif
    2sd2182_japaneese.gif
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,258
ok thanks "Sebi" and "hotwaterwizard"
it was what i wanted to know thanks again

but i have a question about datasheets too.

i have a RX(receiver) that its original output transisors are not good for a dc motor and the folks in other group suggested a IRLML2502 MOSFET
such as i know it is a very good think for the output because of its low resistance for output, but i can not get it so i want use one of "2SD2182"
or "8050" or even "2SD965 "
but i dont know which one is better?
the current draw of the motor is about 1A so all above transistors are good my problem is that i dont know with which one i can get the most output current and voltage like IRLML2502 MOSFET?
what is the base of low resistance of bipolar transistors???!

i hope i could say my mean

what is the best bipolar alternative for IRLML2502 MOSFET?

thanks.

John, You are a really wizard :shock:
epilot,
both type in TO92 case, i not recommend for continous use for 1A.
Strongly recommend a FET.
Anyway, this 2182 have very good UCEsat (typ.0.11V!), almost unbelieveable...

hi

thanks for your inputs.

Sebi,

what is "TO92 case"?

2SD965 has a Ic=5A so it should be very good for one amper,isnt it??

i can not see why you recommend fets too??????!!
what is their benefit than bipolar such as 2SD965?

"Anyway, this 2182 have very good UCEsat (typ.0.11V!), almost unbelieveable"

what is UCEsat?!

if i had some of bipolar transistors with the same Ic how i can see which one is better for this motor and which one has a less resistance between collector and emiter?

epilot said:
hi

thanks for your inputs.

Sebi,

what is "TO92 case"?

It's a particular transistor casing, in this case it's a small signal plastic type.

2SD965 has a Ic=5A so it should be very good for one amper,isnt it??

This is the first mention I've seen of that number?, the transistor above specifies 2A maximum collector current - so 1A should be OK.

i can not see why you recommend fets too??????!!
what is their benefit than bipolar such as 2SD965?

Some people just prefer FET's, I suspect a lot of it is to do with what you were brought up with, and what's easily available - personally I use bipolar devices almost exclusively - except for where an FET will give a clear avantage.

"Anyway, this 2182 have very good UCEsat (typ.0.11V!), almost unbelieveable"

what is UCEsat?!

Its VCEsat not UCEsat, it's the saturation voltage between collector and emitter with the transistor saturated.

if i had some of bipolar transistors with the same Ic how i can see which one is better for this motor and which one has a less resistance between collector and emiter?

Transistor DON'T have a 'resistance' between collector and emitter, they have a VCEsat - a voltage drop!. It's FET's which have a resistance between drain and source - either can be used to feed motors, again it's often personal choice.

In the domestic electronics world FET's are quite rare, but where they are used they seem to be no more reliable than bipolar devices doing the same job!. I can only assume their rarity means that they are less cost effective?.

UCEsat is the saturation voltage of BJT: when the transistor totally open, this voltage can be measured between emitter and collector. This voltage multiplied by collector current, give the power dissipation of transistor.
See the crop of datasheet: UCEsat typically 0,28V, but the max. (worst case) is 1V. When the collector current 1A, the dissipation 280mW: this is good, but in worst case (1V), the dissipation 1W! The d'sheet give also the max. rating of dissipation:750mW, so the transitor make a smoke.
Why better the FET? The same parameter called RDSon, this is a resistance value, and You can find some types with 0,001ohm value!
Just use the ohm's law.
So, if You have a good 2SD965, just try it.

Attachments

• 965.gif
    965.gif
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,164
hi,

thanks so much for your comments,

yes there is a resistance between drain and source betweens fets,
the reason that IRLML2502 MOSFET is used in the RX i saw for the motor is because of it has the less resistance between drain and source than other fets

i can not get it so i need for a bipolar transistor that could handle 1A and has PASSes near all electrons (I,V) from emiter to collector
does anyone know one?

i heard that common bipolars pass near 90 or 95% so....

i used from common transistors for this job but when my supply gave me 3.5v i got near 2.8v from collector that it is not good for me i even had some of loss in current, 730ma from supply and near 670ma from motor terminals(between collector and +)
this is a very bad thing for me
please any expert can help me again?

Nigel and sebi such as you are saying any thing from a bipolar depends on VCEsat for effitioncy??
and any bipolar transistor that has a less VCEsat is better and more electrons will pass from E to C , is this correct?

epilot said:
Nigel and sebi such as you are saying any thing from a bipolar depends on VCEsat for effitioncy??

No, it only affects a small range of uses - where the device is being used as a switch, and where it's probably passing a high current (or the voltage ouput is critical). For the vast majority of uses VCEsat isn't really relevent.

and any bipolar transistor that has a less VCEsat is better and more electrons will pass from E to C , is this correct?

No, electron flow is current, the voltage drop VCEsat doesn't really affect that.

One thing you do need to do to get a low VCEsat voltage is drive PLENTY of current into the base - the gain of the transistor falls with decreasing VCE.

epilot said:

It's all about the power that will be dissipated in the device.
if you have a transistor with VCEsat of 1 volt (wich means 1 volt will 'drop' over the transistor) and you send 2A trough it then (2A x 1V =) 2Watts will be dissipated in the transistor, it'll get very hot and most likely require a heatsink...

But if you send the same current trough a transistor with a VCEsat of 0.2 volt then only (2A x 0.2V =) 0.4Watts will be dissipated, a lot less, probably no heatsink is required...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back