Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cvd

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimg

I would like to set up a 12lf1552 for cvd. I want to use the 12lf1552 because I only need one touch input and it has cvd support built in. Hopefully, this way I can avoid the giant mtouch framework written in C, which I don't understand. Has anyone successfully set one of these up without the framework?

Also, tried to program one of these chips with some simple code just to get started, but could not find the updates needed to program it with my old Pickit 2. Anyone successfully programmed one of these chips with a Pickit 2? If the Pickit 2 is not capable of programming these, is the Pickit 3 a good choice, or has some other programmer become the recommended one to use?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you Sir Ian, I appreciate it.

Unfortunately, none of those links pointed to a file that had 12f1552 support. I guess I'll just have to upgrade to Pickit 3.

Does the old MPLAB work with the Pickit 3? I really can't seem to find any joy in MPLAB X.

p.s. Forgot to thank you for the link to AN1478. As you said, several good examples.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, none of those links pointed to a file that had 12f1552 support. I guess I'll just have to upgrade to Pickit 3.
Sorry! Like I said... I haven't tried it..
Does the old MPLAB work with the Pickit 3? I really can't seem to find any joy in MPLAB X.
I ONLY use MPLABIDE 8 and it works ok for me... I have just checked the device list... PIC12LF1552 is on the list but PIC12F1552 is not..... Check your pic.... maybe you have the pic12lf not the pic12f

Sorry, my mistake. Meant to type 12lf1552, I don't think there is a 12f1552. Thanks again for your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back