Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Crushed camera disassembled

Status
Not open for further replies.

atferrari

Most Helpful Member
Wish I knew more about this subject.

Having read lately a lot about VCM (voice coil motors) I recalled a camera crushed by a car, given to me two weeks ago.

Expecting to find one VCM inside, I disassembled the optical block. In the attached .pdf I show the pictures of what I could find and eventually recognize.

As usual with my posts, hardly you could learn something, and, if after reading it, you feel that you have wasted your time, sorry. I already spent mine along two afternoons. Let's share... :p :D

Attachments

• Crushed camera disassembled.pdf
    461.1 KB · Views: 275
Fine, fine tear-down job, atferrari!

And a very profession PDF of your effort.

It takes a very fine hand to "de-construct" a camera and not make a humongous mess (I know - I've tried with moderate success).

Of course, now you're presented with the usual "what do I do now" dilemma.

Sure gives you a lot of really :cool: parts, doesn't it? (I've got drawers full of 'em :woot:)

Of course, now you're presented with the usual "what do I do now" dilemma.

Well; not sure. Besides the lenses, little else is useful...by now. And the small motor, too small and too specific. Of course, to the drawer.

I did a much more careful / concerned disassembling of a XL850 Epson printer and reverse engineered it. After a nice brain surgery I replaced the micro and the glue-logic chip with my 18F452 to control both steppers using the original control board and the PSU. Of course, more parts to the drawer.

BTW, where is my VCM? :arghh: :arghh: :arghh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back