Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Controlling speed of BLDC motor by I2C method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolguy

Hello everyone,

I want to make speed controller BLDC motor using I2C from micro controller using PIC.
please tell how to start programming of it??
using speed controller...

Thanks

Here is the link of speed controller i have it also contain manual part..!!

**broken link removed**

This section from the manual tells you what you need to do. How you do it depends on the compiler and microcontroller.
I2C Address Selection
The default I2C address is 0x12. ADR2 shorted to GND will set the address to 0x14, ADR1
shorted to GND will set the address to 0x16, ADR1 and ADR2 shorted to GND will set the
address to 0x18. If the PPM signal is shorted to GND on start-up the driver will set the
addresses as 0x22, 0x24, 0x26 and 0x28 instead of 0x12, 0x14, 0x16 and 0x18. This allows for
an additional 4 address.
I2C Set Speed
Send an I2C start command with the I2C address that is set for the driver. Then write a byte
from 0 – 255 which denotes the speed of the motor. Then send the I2C stop command. The
motor speed will be set accordingly

Hi again,

As i said i want control over BLDC motor by I2C using PIC16F877 please help me with C codes....

Thanks

Post the code you have written so far and explain to us where you think the problem might be. We can then help you troubleshoot it.

hi Ritesh kakkar ,

I am also got the same BLDC driver from robokits, I trying to control it through pic18f4550 (MIKROC Pro for pic compiler) but not getting success if have any code related to this please help me.

here is my code

void main(){
CMCON = 0b00000111; // Turn off Comparator
ADCON0 = 0;
PORTB = 0;
LATB = 0b00000000;
TRISB = 0; // Configure PORTB as output
delay_ms(6000);
I2C1_Init(100000); // initialize I2C communication
I2C1_Start(); // issue I2C start signal
I2C1_Wr(0x30); // send byte (device address + W)
I2C1_Wr(100);
I2C1_Stop(); // issue I2C stop signal
}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back