Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Complex H-Bridge controller, can't figure it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to get an H-bridge to control 2 different motors in sequence. When the first motor has reached its limit, it will cause the next one to go until it has reached its limit. Then when the direction is reversed, so is the order of the motors.

This is for controlling a lock on a door, and then opening the door and vise versa. I haven't been able to get this to work properly and it's starting to give me a head ache. I would like to try to have an answer to this problem by the end of tomorrow.

I have included an attachment of what I have done so far, but I have not been able to get it to work at all. Please help me!

* I made a small mistake in the schematic, ~Q of U1A should go to the base of Q4 and Q5.

Attachments

• complex H-Bridge.JPG
    complex H-Bridge.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Many problems. You need base-current limiting resistors in Q7 and Q8. I cannot figure out what Q2,3,4 & 5 are supposed to be doing??? The Q output of a 4013 (or any output from a 4000 series CMOS chip) can only source at most ~5mA when operated from 5V.

Last edited:
I know that the transistors need current limiting resistors, but multisim doesn't make it a mandatory design. I was trying to get the 4013 to control the which motor needs to be run with one F-F, and to stop the motor with the other F-F.

I can't remember why Q2,3,4, and 5 were supposed to do. I'm ready to just start over so I can do it right the second time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back