Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Comparing the RS232 serial protocol with the I2C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spadez

Hi.

This is one of the questions which keeps coming up on the mock papers that im not so sure about:

=============================

Use diagrams to compare and contrast the RS232 serial protocol with the I2C
method (5 Marks)

=============================

So, firstly, is I2C a form of SPI, or are they two different things?

Secondly, the main thing I would say is different is that I2C has a clock and data line whereas the UART over RS232 just has the one line for RX and one for TX. Im not really sure how to take this further to get the full 5 marks and a google search didnt bring up any ideal answers.

For the "diagram" what would you recommend, the timeline (not sure of the correct word) of the clock and data line, showing how they work.

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but this is for a product design course not electronics.

Regards,

James

Im not sure what kind of diagram they want either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back