Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Chat room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboticinfo

I think that this website should have a private chat room, say that ''pike'' was on and we wanted to have a discussion with each other and we pressed private chat on the menu were the email, pm and elec.

I think that would be cool

anyone agree?

GTAman said:
I think that this website should have a private chat room, say that ''pike'' was on and we wanted to have a discussion with each other and we pressed private chat on the menu were the email, pm and elec.

I think that would be cool

anyone agree?

There have been various discussions about this in the past, the general opinion is that it's not a good idea - certainly I wouldn't be participating 8)

well you can do that with PM. and it can be done in real-time as well.

i also saw the discussion about a chat room for electro tech and i fully agree that a chat room is a waste of time. in chat rooms you start talking about other things like what do you like to eat? where do you live? and in addition to that, people use alot of abbreviations in chat rooms that are not understandable for some guyz who havent ever been in a chat room. so there are too many factors that go against a chat room

That's true I guess I really never thought about that way.

ya it would most likely change electro-tech-online

guess it is a bad idea.

not THAT bad :roll: ... anyone wanting "desperatly" to chat just has to get the mail of the recipient, and there r many many chatting progs 2 use!
Definetely am against chatting-nonsense in ETO, but against chatting :wink: !

True but then again people could join just to **** chat with people which could change the site.

The reason I posted this question was because PM is to slow with chat you could respond faster.

:D

i toght to make it members only (and no changing nicknames,your forums nick wod be your chat nick)

That is what I am talking about the IM but still
nigel bring's a good point about this.

EXPLICITLY NO CHAT ROOMS.

What ever is said in a chat room benifits only those who are logged on at that time. The forum is for the good of all. The information is not lost as you log out...

The forum activity shall decrease if the chat rooms arrive.

If one is so desperate, they may exchange their Y! or msn ids...

We already went over this, we came to the conclusion that it would change electro-tech-online to much so we stoped posting.

But thanks for you thought's

Yeah, but that doesn't absolve the 'right' 2 have a chat room. Those who r goin' 2 xchange their msn - or so - id's wld just chat there... I don't think it would decrease the forum activity, it would just favor waste of time...

Well agent009 if we did have a embedded chat system in this website people would send a chat to them saying do you know how to do this?

well it would change because people like to get there post answerd fast, they would want it now instead of later.

Some people don't want to exchange IM and e-mail because they do not want to give away personal information so it would be a bother to some of the people at this website don't you agree?

I think u're right in the fact that questions would arise in chat rooms, and Lord Loh. would be right also, cause only currently logged users would benefit... But the simple solution would be the one i was facing many times years ago: they would simply say in the chat room: there r forums 4 that, go to this or port in that...

But....

Anyway, I was just stating up my mind: not against a chat room, though it would favor waste of time... But it would give the chance for members 2 get 2 know each other better... We can't do that in forums! It's slower, and that's what IM is for... Maybe ETO is NOT a meeting place :roll: , but i thought it was, for electrically-bound people :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back