Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Challenge - Find a hook

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeepItSimpleStupid

Most Helpful Member
Hi guys:

Find me a hook similar to **broken link removed**

which will fit into a 1/2" ID hole of a lifting eye bolt that is made from 1/4" stock.

US purchase would even be better.

just go to any rigging store and buy one....

John:

I appreciate the comment. For all the other ones, I will be using those shackles. They will be guy "wires". Non-conductive.

This one is about 2.5 feet away from a 30' high roof. I can't easily get to it. I can from the roof, but I still cant reach it with my hands. Grippers, yes.

--

Point is, Hooks and lifting eyes seem to go together. Equipment that I've seen lifting eyes on, have just that, a forged eye bolt, so does my application.

I want a hook that fits. Nobody has hooks with the dimensions that I need. I have a donut. 1/2" ID, 1"OD, 1/4" thick, round cross-section. I need a hook that fits.

Can't just try em at the local hardware store.

Help still needed.

Can't just try em at the local hardware store.
Why not? Take a mockup/replica of the eye/donut with you.

KISS, in the years of working in industry, these small 'eyes' like your describing are always used with a shackle. An open style hook like you showed would not have near the strength compared to the eye. Most true lifting eyes have a much bigger hole in them so a hook of sufficient cross section can be used with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back