Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

carrots

Status
Not open for further replies.

large_ghostman

Most Helpful Member
Please excuse/ignore this thread, I was trying to explain something in a pm and it wouldnt let me upload pics from my pc, so I have put the pics temporary,
I will delete once the person has seen them, sorry about this but I promise I havnt gone mad lol

carot.JPG

tops1.JPG

top2.JPG

top3.JPG

Hi LG,

If everything worked the way it should have, you should now have the ability to upload attachments in conversations.

There's a bug in the software and I find myself adding a lot of custom permissions.

Yeah sorry matt I couldnt get it to work, so this was quickest way. soon as its done with I will let you know and you can delete.
I am not on the laptop with the server log in so I couldnt post on my server and link, sorry

ok matt delete if wish, job done :D. sorry for the odd post everyone lol, its rather cool when you know the back story

BTW: The carrot tops probably LOVE apricot juice. Hair follicles do. I remember growing hair from removed Chickenpox lesions with apricot juice.

Nice pics- why delete. I had the same uploading images problem until Matt fixed it. I think I will go and have a nice raw carrot from the fridge now :smug:

well ok I will leave, might be handy for people with trouble in pms to post pics here and link, I have some other odd pics from pms to post lol

pics are always good, after all this electronics stuff :joyful:

BTW: The carrot tops probably LOVE apricot juice. Hair follicles do. I remember growing hair from removed Chickenpox lesions with apricot juice.

Biological experiments too! Would grapefruit juice help the hair follicles on the top of ones head? Apparently grapefruit juice is dangerous stuff. You must not take it with certain drugs and with certain medical conditions. I used to drink gallons of the stuff but won't touch it now.

Wait few weeks and I will reveal what its all about, I doubt anyone is going to get whats so special about them until they get a bit bigger and more roots. Its was a sort of an experiment to test something, now I know the principle works I will do it scientifically.

It has nothing to do with food but everything to do with carrots and how they behave, the roots are important though ;), the top pic is just normal carrots and obviously the bit you eat is actually the root. I dont want the main root

I didnt have it set up right but I used a NIKON D810 and 90mm f2.8 macro lens then did a screen shot of the pic to keep the file tiny, I will do better pics later. It was just a rushed pic

lol its not mine but yeah a great camera!

Biological experiments too! Would grapefruit juice help the hair follicles on the top of ones head? Apparently grapefruit juice is dangerous stuff. You must not take it with certain drugs and with certain medical conditions. I used to drink gallons of the stuff but won't touch it now.

Yep. I won an honorable mention in high school in a regional Science Fair. The friends that I helped also won. This topic http://thebirdman.org/Index/Others/...lantGrowthWithElectricity&Magnetism&Sound.htm but high voltage electricity like 3 kV.

In grade school I won every grand prize for every year I entered.

Yep, try sealing explosive stuff like Zinc and Phosphorous in a quartz tube with a hydrogen flame in an evacuated container and then hope in the synthesis, it doesn't go pow!. That was the simpler process. Try a sealed tube with a controlled hole (made with a spark) filled with the synthesized compound inside a larger evacuated glass envelope. Now try to grow a single crystal and then cut them. Fun stuff. Making single crystal solar cells from rat poison.

I helped make the stuff: https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-94-009-7898-0_142#page-1

upload_2016-1-23_7-46-32.png
In 1965 I worked on a USAF Ground Control Approach CPN4 radar at RAF Church Fenton in Yorkshire, UK. The labels on the sub units said 'Gilfillian Brothers 1948' so the CPN4 did well to still be operating in 1965. But it was a bit creaky, especially if running on generators when the vibrations shook the valves up.

Between routine servicing and panics when the radar went tits-up (faulty), we spent a lot of time in the rest caravan so we bought a 12 inch TV with a pound (£1 UK) from the tea swindle profits. It was a black and white goldfish-bowl Bush, probably made not long after the CPN4. As the search antenna swung around, the picture gradually got more and more noisy until it completely blacked out. Then it would slowly recover with a long 'woooosh' from the speaker until the next revolution. The coat-hanger aerial probably didn't help. We had to guess at the missing parts of the programmes, but at least it made 'Watch With Mother' and 'The Epilogue' a bit more interesting.

The radar must have been in the same position for years because you could see the PAR beam pattern in the grass; who knows what the radiation was doing to us. In a 'V' running out from the antenna, the grass was discoloured and coarse and the weeds grew tall and spindly- but the mushrooms thrived and in the summer a healthy crop always sprung up overnight. After the early watch when the radar was off-air for servicing, we often went harvesting. The flight sergeant cook at the mess was very fond of our radioactive mushrooms. Provided he had some to take home for the missus, he would personally fry us up a special breakfast of egg, bacon, bangers (sausages), and of course, fat, mutant mushrooms- they were delicious.

upload_2016-1-23_7-47-6.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back