Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

capasitor question ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

indie

just a short question...what will happen if i'm not use 2 capasitor behind the x'tal oscillator ?? :roll:

indie said:
just a short question...what will happen if i'm not use 2 capasitor behind the x'tal oscillator ?? :roll:

It might not oscillate - the oscillator circuits are designed with those two capacitors as part of the circuit - it 'may' work just on stray capacitance, but it might not be reliable.

oscillator question ??

than is there any different between analog oscillator with PIC oscillator ??

Re: oscillator question ??

indie said:
than is there any different between analog oscillator with PIC oscillator ??

Depends what you mean by an 'analogue oscillator'?, the clock oscillator is basically a squarewave oscillator using logic gates, what I would call an 'analogue oscillator' would usually output a sine wave.

yup..i mean the analogue oscillator that generate sine wave. what is the different between them??

indie said:
yup..i mean the analogue oscillator that generate sine wave. what is the different between them??

A sine wave oscillator provides just enough positive feedback to oscillate, a square wave one provides a much greater degree of positive feedback.

waw...actually i don't really understand what you mean?? can you explain to me more detail?? :wink:

indie said:
waw...actually i don't really understand what you mean?? can you explain to me more detail?? :wink:

Positive feedback is what makes an oscillator oscillate, essentially it increases the gain until it oscillates. If you have just enough gain it will gently swing from high to low, giving a sinewave - if you have lots too much gain it will slam from power rail to power rail, giving a squarewave output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back