Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cant reply to messages, problems this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAl

Most Helpful Member
Hi,

I cant reply to threads today nor can some other members.
Something wrong with software today?

I can reply with Google Chrome, but not my more usual Internet Explorer.

JimB

should be fixed. sorry was testing out a new mod.

Hi EM,

Oh that explains it :)

If you can read this message, it's working for me too now. Seems to be fine now.

Still does not seem to be working with IE for me.

JimB

I wondered how long it would be before someone criticised IE.
(Or an oblique comment)

JimB

I wondered how long it would be before someone criticised IE.
(Or an oblique comment)

JimB

Hahaha, in all seriousness, I have always had bad luck with IE. I don't blindly criticize it. I criticize it because it is one of the most inefficient browsers around today. IE9, I admit, is better than the earlier versions, but that's only because it's knocking off Chrome and FF. It's still slow and does not work correctly on all sites, which is why I still dislike it.

Just my personal opinion, and I do not mean to force it on anyone else. These are simply my own observations and experiences.

Regards,
Matt

hi EM,
Bryan1 is reporting via Chat that he still not able to post a Reply or send a PM, as at 10:30BST Mon18thSept

He is using FF

Eric

Last edited:
Hi EM,
Ok the problem I'm having is FF refuses to load the reply window on every post I tried and even trying to do a PM. Now this was in XP, I also tried IE (why I don't know) and the forum seemed to load ok but as soon as I tried to load a thread all I got was gibberish then it would crash.

I decided to try out FF in linux and thats where this reply is being typed.

Regards Bryan

I fixed my problem of not being able to post using IE, I did a disc clean-up and deleted the cookies and temporary internet files (amongst other stuff).

I can now post using IE8.

JimB

Hi EM,
When I first logged in this morning the problem was still there using FF on winblows so I did try JimB's method of clearing recent history and that did the trick. I did fire up the Java problem popup and no errors were reported however still plenty of warnings.

Anyway hopefully everything will go well from now on.

Regards Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back