Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can a cheap (noisy?) power supply confuse electronics??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzlepecs

I am trying to document why i gave up using a certain motor driver for another which worked fine

Is it possible that a cheap DC power supply can cause a lot of noise and unwanted/confused operation from logic control its supplying?

I am trying to document why i gave up using a certain motor driver for another which worked fine

Is it possible that a cheap DC power supply can cause a lot of noise and unwanted/confused operation from logic control its supplying?

Yes... Especially if logic is not designed with good bypass and filtering. Why would you use a crappy power source?

Yes... Especially if logic is not designed with good bypass and filtering. Why would you use a crappy power source?

because im a tard

man i wasted ages on that driver LOL my tutor thinks im a halfwit who cant even figure out a stepper motor :eek: :p hahahaha

Of course it can do.

Use a decent power supply, the LM7805 is best for logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back