Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CAM panelization software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oznog

I have a PCB mfg which will allow me to panelize several of my designs in a single order. I have Gerbers produced from Eagle already.

What is the best way to panelize these into a single Gerber? Preferrably something free or with a free demo I can get ahold of right away. I found the CAMtastic demo but had to order the demo in the mail and am still waiting on it.

Maybe just what you need:

**broken link removed**

says it works with Eagle

hope this helps!

Hey, I think that IS what I need!
I'd seen it before during some web searches but didn't pay close attention, it seemed pretty basic. But now that I look at it, it does quite a bit and the scripted layouts make a lot of sense- if I need to change something on one design, I don't want to have to redo the whole process manually.

I am having trouble importing the drill files- they're asking for a ".bor" and something else. Eagle doesn't do these, I'm confused.

You may have to give Eagle a "set of drills" to work with. It needs to know what sizes of bits you can use, and then pick them. They call it a "drill rack" or something like that. Sometimes a PCB maker will specify what drills you can use, in which case you need to limit your "rack" to those sizes.

Check this page..

**broken link removed**

Ah, remember the good old days of Brady tape, Letraset, and acetate, what joy to line up the many layers.....NOT!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back