Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

calculate slew rate and gbw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

i want to calculate slew rate and gainbandwidth product with following parameters.

pulse amplitude: 23 to 30mV.
pulse time: 140ns.
gain: 47 times.

help me to calculate slew rate and bandwidth for this parameter. it's better if you suggest a particular IC.

thanks......

I doubt you will get there with a single IC. Gain bandwidth product is just what it says. Gain times bandwidth. So with a gain of 1 you need a bandwidth of 3.6 Mhz. Multiply that times 47 and there is a problem. Slew rate is not quite so bad. It is volts per usec. of output swing or about 11.
Might be better to expain the objective to see if there is another way to get there.

actually, to properly calculate the bandwidth and slew rate, one thing that must be known is the required rise/ fall times of the pulse, and not just the period (or is the 140nS the "on" time?)

Do you need to accurately reproduce the pulse shape and height or do you just want to just generate a higher voltage pulse (which a high speed comparator could do)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back