Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cadsoft eagle glitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

justDIY

I have a board design i'm working on, and it involves a close number of resistors and other components... so close that its not practical to have the part number and value for each single part... so i use the smash tool to separate the the value and name, and then delete. this has worked all over my board, except for a new section I recently drew.

when I smash, the text separates, and then I can delete it... as soon as I do a refresh, zoom or ratsnest render, bam, all the names and values are back!

has anyone else noticed this oddity?

I am using the latest free version from cadsoft, no hacks cracks or other monkey business.

Change the Library

I recall having the same problem awhile back. I believe the solution had to do with changing the text to the tplace layer in the package library. This might be more trouble than it's worth. I think I'd opt for willib's technique if I came accross it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back