Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadnica

Status
Not open for further replies.

transistor495

Forum Supporter
Hi,

I've a little old Sanyo Cadnica searchlite. It's bulb gone dead and I want to use its powerful battery for some other application -for eg, say a rechargeable FM radio :), but I think in such application the battery may go under safe discharge level(?) so that it affect the battery life negatively. The reason is the application may still work even downside of the battery safe discharge level.

So I want to add a battery condition(voltage) indicator so that it lights-up an LED when it reaches the safe discharge level. I've the circuit, but don't know what voltage I've set it for triggering the LED. The indicator shows that 'Its time for re-charge!'

Battery: 5x1.2v Nicad cells. Reaches >7v at full charge. Each cell is around C' sized.

ganica-t-light.jpg

Nicad batteries can be totally discharged without adversely affecting their life.

Oh is it? :)..I was not sure about that, thats why I intended to ask this question. Also my old NiCad AA pack used with a low voltage amplifier gone dead after 2years. I rarely charged it, because once charged, the application works even upto discharged to .5v of each cell. I thought it is dangerous to NiCad's life under 1v.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back