Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building a circuit from a circuit diagram?

Status
Not open for further replies.

burg

Hey,

When looking at a circuit diagram, then putting it onto perf board, seems to take quite awhile to test the different places for items. I was wondering if there was any software or any strategic way to go about assembling a circuit from a diagram.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Yes There are many software that will help you out.
I suggest you to use ELECTRONIC WORK BENCH 5.4 This software provide you with almost all tool related to LOGIC CIRCUIT IMPLEMENTATION. But if u need theoritically implement a circuit other than logic circuit then you may need some other software assistance. i have not used other software so i cannot suggest you other software.
Hope that solves your problem to some extent

If it's a relatively complex circuit, or you really want to pack the parts into a small space, it might be helpful to grab a freeware PCB layout package. Electronic Workbench has a freeware version of their tools - in particular their PCB layout program has a mode where you can jump straight into the layout part and create wiring. It's useful because you can drag the parts around to get a feel for how the wiring will need to be connected later on. Obviously this is the no-holds-barred approach, and at some point it's easier to just do a pcboard...

For simple stuff though, pencil and paper, or just take the parts and poke them into the perfboard and eyeball out how much space/connection points you'll need.

If this is supposed to be a prototype, then treat it as such - lots of clearance and empty space. Make it organized and space _inefficient_ so that you can make changes later on. Label the important nets and test points, stuff like that.

I agree with Electronic Workbench but you could also look at using OrCAD 10 (or whatever version they're up to now. I think you can download a fully working demo copy from their website for free - it's just limited as to the size of the circuit and number of components. Besides the layout functions, it is a fully functioning SPICE program like Electronic Workbench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back