Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

buck boost converter

Status
Not open for further replies.
electronic workbench
Some one here uses work bench. I do not. There must be 100s of IC in the program. I can not find on-line a list of components. I don't know how to help you with work bench.

i hope someone can help me
The information on Work Bench is very limited (on line) but it appears to have 1000s of IC parts.

I think you do not understand what the Professor wants. Please check.
I think he wants a buck/boost that will output a voltage below or above the input voltage. (42%) That is the definition of bock boost.
I think he does not want the output voltage to be a function of the input voltage.
It would be typical for a power supply to have a Vin of 9 to 60V while holding Vout at 20 volts. This is simple enough for a engineering student to make.

Here is an example of a IC + MOSFETs that will work up to 60V input. This example the output is 12V. It is not a function of the input voltage. It does not do 40% of the input. It just makes 12V. The output voltage is a function of 100k ohms and 9.09k ohms and Vref=1.0V.
This is from the data sheet on the LT8390.

Just a spammer, now banned.

JimB
I don't think you guys get thanked enough for what you do around here, so thanks Jim, Nigel, Ian, Matt, Inquisitive & the Admins, for keeping this site pretty much crud-free.

EDIT: How could I forget Matt? Sorry Matt. :facepalm:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back