1. Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
    Dismiss Notice

BSP (BlackjackStation Portable)

Discussion in 'Electronic Projects' started by bananasiong, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bananasiong

bananasiong New Member

Hi all,
    This is the group project that we've been spending 3 months to work out (Oct '07 to Dec '07). I don't know why this title is chosen, in this subject, everyteam is doing the same project. So in order to get score higher, we have to make something different :D
    This is basically a blackjack game with LCD text module and these are the spec required by the lecturer:
    Either one addtional features can be chosen, but my group has successfully done all :D

To save the power consumed, before going into sleep, the LCD is turned of by the PIC, since it is powered directly from the PIC. The most challenging part is, when the PIC wake up, the LCD has to be reinitialized. Besides, the LCD must redisplay the page where before going into sleep. So in anywhere of the game (while adjusting the bet, while playing, while viewing the stastistic) the PIC will go to sleep if no button is pressed within 30 second. In anywhere of the game, the player will be able to view the statistic, total game, win, lose, draw, blackjack.

To score higher, we have to do something different. My group is using a 3 V button cell with a boost regulator LTC3401. The rest of them are using 9 V battery :D

For the randomness, since PIC16F88 is used

These are the spec of it:
    Size
    Weight: approximately (100g)
    Dimension: 95mm x 55 mm x 30mm
    Color: Black
    Shape: Rectangular

Standby mode (sleep) : 1275 hours (1.4mW)
    Operating mode : 85 hours (21mW)

Battery: CR2450 3 V button cell

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  2. Nigel Goodwin

Nigel Goodwin Super Moderator Most Helpful Member

This forum is only for complete working projects for people to build, so please add the source sode to your post.

3. bananasiong

bananasiong New Member

Can I just post up the hex file?

4. dave

Dave New Member

5. Nigel Goodwin

Nigel Goodwin Super Moderator Most Helpful Member

That's a far worse idea, because it stops people altering it (or at least makes it harder), but a HEX file is better than nothing.

6. mkwatis

mkwatis New Member

@bananasiong
    can i get the schematic diagram to modify playstation1 or 2 with PIC 12C508 where as i can use clone cds also i need how to expand the memory with the same chip in DVB :confused:

7. kulela

kulela New Member

I like your cheep etching solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.