Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Braces 1 month- Still can't bite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dknguyen

Most Helpful Member
Is it normal to still not be able to take a bite out of something (like a sandwich, burger, or cracker) after 1 month of braces? It still hurts my front teeth like a freakin' @#$&%@#&.

Last edited:
really i thought it was like that every where. now a days every 12 year old gets them in america. its like 3 out of 4 kids will get them here.

It's just a money making scam by the dentists, I can see the reasons for it if it actually corrects a problem - but mostly it's done for VERY minor cosmetic purposes. It became popular in the UK for a few years, essentially because the NHS suddenly agreed to pay for it - so dentists started fitting them on every kid they could, just for the money. As far as I'm aware they have stopped it again now?.

It's just a money making scam by the dentists, I can see the reasons for it if it actually corrects a problem - but mostly it's done for VERY minor cosmetic purposes. It became popular in the UK for a few years, essentially because the NHS suddenly agreed to pay for it - so dentists started fitting them on every kid they could, just for the money. As far as I'm aware they have stopped it again now?.

I have to disagree slightly. I am sure the DDS guys are making a buck, but braces do work, as my use to be ugly sisters are living proof. I saw their teeth straighten in a few years. Went from Jerry lewis to Sherry Lewis. Also I think the braces offer a few health benifits as in the first stage of mechanical food digestion.

Yes braces are important.
An incorrect bite, mainly from jaw problems, have been linked to headaches, speach problems, indigestion etc.
When I was still at school, I also had them, it was commonplace, a lot of kids had them.
It was not an issue, but I only remember mine hurting for couple of weeks, even after tensioning, tighter springs, etc.

People dont want the nickname snaggletooth:
**broken link removed**

my parents both work for the state of new york and me and my sister got free braces and retainers for free..........well only at a few orthodontists in my area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back