Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bluetooth advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

outthere

im trying to add bluetooth to a little project im working on and need some help/advice.

i need to be able to control a motor or a servo from a pc and eventually a ps3 controller(thats why i want bluetooth and not rf or something else) i dont need too many outputs just 1 or 2
so what im looking for is an all inclusive module(bluetooth and microcontroller) id rather not have to buy them both separate and wire them together but it is an option if there isnt a better choice.

i found these, the quickblue link and quickblue module, but i cant really tell the difference(im a software person)
**broken link removed**
i am trying to keep the costs down so id prefer the module but i cant really tell if it also has the pic microcontroller

any help is appreciated and if there is something better just point me in the right direction
thanks

no one can help me out?

also i think im starting to lean towards purchasing each thing seperate, as it seems i can keep the cost down

but im still looking for a little advice on what kind of bluetooth module would be best

Your second post was 10 minutes after your first one, have some patience!

The modules you linked look like they're a simple serial to bluetooth adapter, would work nicely for PC to device communication but not to a PS3 controller, you'd need something a little more involved than that because you'd have to figure out how to pair with a PS3 controller and that would require some ability to write software for the bluetooth module. Sparkfun sells bluetooth modules as well but they're very similar to the one you linked, they just allow serial communication.

my second post was 4 days and 10mins after the first one but thanks for the answer, as i did not even think of the communication between the ps3 controller which makes sense now that i consider it.

maybe i will save the ps3 controls for later down the line and just try to get everything else working first, i will also check out what sparkfun has to offer so i might be back in another 4 days with more questions :p

edit
and by the way is your avatar the cat from the last unicorn?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back