Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bloody Sticky keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pommie

Most Helpful Member
Just press shift five times in a row and then try and get rid of this most annoying "feature" of windows. Be warned, I am not responsible for the outcome.

Mike.

Huh. WHen I read the post I thought you had found bloody, sticky car keys outside lying on the ground.

I've noticed dknguyen's shift key seems to get stuck sometimes. :D

It isn't annoying but luckily I don't use Windows so often so I don't have to put up with this kind of crap.

Having said that, I'm using Windows at the moment.:(

Is that my keyboard? I always attributed it to a slow pinky finger or the fact that the rest of my fingers can type way faster than my left pinky can.

What about using your right little finger for the shift key?

The ; where my right pinky rests is farther away from shift than the 'a' key where my left pinky rests. I dunno. I just have never used my right pinky for the shift key. But now that I am typing and paying attention, it seems I never use my right pinky to type any key! I seem to hold it higher than my other fingers. Sort of how people lift their pinky when they drink from a waterbottle or a teacup.

Just press the shift key five times again and sticky keys is off.

I you do not want the feature at all simply press shift 5 times and in the window that pops up select settings and you can permanently disable this and other accessibility options.

Last edited:
Again, as i have said before, i don't use windoz much any more. As a matter of fact, i just got Doom 3 running on my linux system! NATIVELY! :D Even though i don't like doom, i am still happy with the fact that it works...

Don't you just love those anoying windows "features"?

It's fun to tell people in an online game that it's a cheat.

Some people still fall for "PRESS ALT-F4 FO SOME GOOD CHEATZ!!!1!!1!1!1"

Yes, the above works. And it's hilarious.

Pommie said:
Just press shift five times in a row and then try and get rid of this most annoying "feature" of windows. Be warned, I am not responsible for the outcome.

AAaarrrg! I can't find the "Cancel" key!

Some people still fall for "PRESS ALT-F4 FO SOME GOOD CHEATZ!!!1!!1!1!1"

Don't most online games sensor that? Yes, it is still pretty funny... :p I used to do it all the time at my school...

Sometimes I wanted to shut down using Windows key -> u -> u. But I pressed u before releasing the Windows key, try and see what happen :D Windows key + u. (I'm using XP)
The voice is so similar to Roman Black's 1 bit audio.. lol :D:D

coughf

push shift 5 times
push settings
push settings
untick use shortcut

**broken link removed**

omg! The forum censors my password!

That sometimes works in games if the other guy is an idiot.

dknguyen said:

omg! The forum censors my password!

That sometimes works in games if the other guy is an idiot.

Awesome! It worked for me too! Thank goodness vBulletin censors sensitive information!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back