Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best DMM for sub 100ua measurement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarr

Hi,

I want advice on a DMM ideally with RS232 that can measure sub 100ua with an accuracy of +-1ua, I need to monitor my project over a few days.

Ideally a model that is easily obtained second hand, from what I can see the cost a arm and leg new!!!!

Thx

Hello,

my one is a Protek 506. It has RS232C communication and the range for uA is 400 uA as maximum, no minimum specified. The current value is for AC and DC. The accurate in DC is 1,0%+2d and in AC is 1,5%+3d. The resolution in both cases is 0,1 uA.

I´ve never had to measure so small values but I´m very happy with the different features on this DMM. May be would be a good idea to check for an amperimeter with a good accurate.

If you find a meter with a 400µA range, a ±1%±2 digit accuracy specification will mean your accuracy will be ±6µA. You'll be hard-pressed to find a DMM with the ability to have ±1µa accuracy without spending the money on a high-end Agilent or Keithley instrument.

Dean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back