Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best compiler's for PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jay.slovak said:
I wouldn't consider 18F (Aka High-End ) :lol: to be difficult. I consider them easyer to program then 16F...

They have a great many more instructions than the simpler PIC's, so in that respect they are more complicated - however, they contain instructions which you would have to write code to perform on the lower PIC's, so in that respect they are easier.

But I would advise initially learning the 16 series PIC's, as there are less instructions to learn - it makes it less daunting.

Nigel Goodwin said:
But I would advise initially learning the 16 series PIC's, as there are less instructions to learn - it makes it less daunting.
I totally agree. 16F are ideal for beginners.
I also like 18Fs because they don't use banking/paging, interrupts are prioritized and also offer to save W,SFR, automaticaly. And many more. But it took me a while to get it all working. :D

Ya I would agree that the PIC 16 series is more for the beginner's but I also love to use the 18 series
it's best for the robot project's I like to do.

Do you think the book

Programming & Customizing PICmicro Microcontrollers
by Myke Predko

I took a look at it and it seemed interesting but I want your opinion.

Re: reply

GTAman said:
Do you think the book

Programming & Customizing PICmicro Microcontrollers
by Myke Predko

I took a look at it and it seemed interesting but I want your opinion.

I've never seen it, but Myke Predko is very highly respected in the PIC community, so I presume it's likely to be a very useful book.

Ya I would agree and I checked the book out from a bookstore in california and it seemed really good.

I have it and I've found it useful as a reference. A lot of stuff in there I haven't looked at, but it has projects and that's always good for learning.

Mike

i would definitely recommend Myke's book. but i would also recommend "The quintessential PIC microcontroller" and "Easy PIC'n" as they are for beginners. you should also check the other books in the book list on microchip's website and see if they are any good to you. but before buying a book try to have a look at it by visiting a library near you. that would help you in deciding the right book for you

Easy PIC'n gave me a gr8 deal of help. And I did not find assembly hard to learn, but it's difficult to master, i mean by that to make programs extremely efficient in speed & memory: there's like always another way 2 do this or that...

ohh thank's I will post a simple basic program not long at all and see how assembly will look from basic.

Thank's
:D

Here is a simple code to a transmitter and it was from www.rentron.com, I didn't have time to write a program so I just used one of a website.

TX CODE:

symbol trisb = 134
symbol trisa = 133
symbol portb = 6
symbol porta = 5
low 1
input 0
input 2

start:
pot 0,50,B0

pot 2,50,B1
B0 = B0 * 5
B1 = B1 * 5
y:
if B0 < 100 then yf
if B0 > 150 then yb

x:
if B1 < 100 then xr
if B1 > 150 then xl
serout 1,n9600,(5)
goto start

yf:
serout 1,n9600,(2)
goto start

yb:
serout 1,n9600,(1)
goto start

xl:
serout 1,n9600,(3)
goto start

xr:
serout 1,n9600,(4)
goto start

end

There you go

Man! I just realized that ur PIC could b different from mine :oops: !!! I'm new to Micro Controllers, & am usin' the MicroChip P16F84A... Is this what u r using :?: :?: :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back