Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Been there done that simple mis-steps

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

Been here many a time with simple overlooked mistakes using wrong code or other overlooked mistakes.
I use the auto import hex and write but found it has sometimes been wrong due to simple oversight
http://digital-diy.com/forum/****-chat/helpful-advice-of-the-day-t2944.html#p17314

I have several Tap-28 development boards I have used numerous times and have an LCD on a daughter board that plugs into the headers on the Tap-28 board. I have connected to it on PortB. Been hacking at it off and on most of Friday but couldn't get the LCD to display correctly. Have checked ALL my connections between the daughter board and the LCD but no issues found.That was my first mistake, going from the daughter board to the LCD pins. Decided to check continuity between the actual header connections on the development board and the LCD.
BAM!! the B.7 pin was never soldered. I couldn't have ever used this pin in the past as it was never soldered but I have used the second and third Tap28 board as well.
Some of the simplest issues come and bite you in the rear.. Its the simple ones that are the hardest to solve it seems like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back