Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bass cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the tip. do i just wind it round in a "horse shoe"shape ir does it not matter.

danielsmusic said:
thanks for the tip. do i just wind it round in a "horse shoe"shape ir does it not matter.

Just in a circle, a popular winding former is a brush handle :lol:

As you're in Cheshire, there's a company called Wilmslow Audio, who used to be in Wilmslow, but I think are now in Stockport?. They have been major speaker suppliers for many years, and sell components to make crossovers, if you're not far away, it might be worth getting in touch?.

i live too far from that maby 100 miles, the one i use is maplin.
they have a huge range of what i need. i live near northwich

danielsmusic said:
i live too far from that maby 100 miles, the one i use is maplin.
they have a huge range of what i need. i live near northwich

According to AutoRoute, Northwich to Stockport is 21.9 miles, and Northwich to Wilmslow only 19.3 miles - both distances by road, not as the crow flys.

Although I appreciate that you are probably too young to drive?, and it would be more difficult.

As you have Maplin, they sell passive crossovers as well!.

BTW, I went to Northwich the other year, to visit the Anderton Lift https://www.andertonboatlift.co.uk/ - quite impressive!.

Incidently, according to Autoroute, I'm only 53 miles from Anderton!, so 100 miles could put you in the North Sea?, or perhaps Holland :lol:

i didnt know it was 21 miles but still too far. and yes i am too young to drive. :(

Maplin definately use to sell 2 and 3 way crossovers as kits so maybe worth a look they certainly sell ready made inductors and all the bits required to make your own!
Hey Nigel - you just took me down memory lane Big time! I 'served' my work experience at a service / hifi shop in wilmslow and I remember going out to Wilmslow Audio with the tech for some drivers once - Anyway thought I would do a search and found this... https://www.wilmslow.org.uk/wilmslow/hifi/hifi.html
The first shop that guy talks about is where I put a fair amount of my (free) time in my early days! really quite enjoyable despite being the company 'guiney pig' on more than one occasion :roll:
Oh and Wilmslow audio now in Leicester of all places so I think daniel is really stumped :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back