Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Barely standing? LIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

dknguyen

Most Helpful Member
"Barely standing" my ass. I didn't know it was possible to make one that could recover after it had gone horizontal or flipped through the air!

**broken link removed**

It knows which way is up.
After it crashed into something I think it spun its tires at full power to try to re-gain its balance as soon as possible.

Me too, but then I tell myself I like power more than control. Maybe somebday I'll give it a whirl.

Last edited:
speakerguy79 said:
I wonder, is the dsPIC necessary, or could you get away with this on an 18F?

Try it and see?, I suspect the only place the dsPIC may be required is for extensive maths calculations?. Mechanically a 16F would be much more than fast enough, never mind an 18F - I would expect either to be easily capable of a 'similar' performance, but probably not as outstanding as that one.

Yes very cool. However it wasn't apparent to me that it has a mode to operate like a normal 4 wheel drive car with all four wheels down and able to steer and go forward and reverse?

Lefty

Leftyretro said:
Yes very cool. However it wasn't apparent to me that it has a mode to operate like a normal 4 wheel drive car with all four wheels down and able to steer and go forward and reverse?

Why would you want it to?, that's what the original model did.

It can probab;y do that too. Now what would be cool if they could make it so it drives like a normal car then flips up on to one end at the push of a button.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Try it and see?, I suspect the only place the dsPIC may be required is for extensive maths calculations?.

XMACs I assume would be waaay faster on the dsPIC, especially with 16-bit data. The thought of trying it with an 8-bit is interesting, but I myself would have to start yet another hobby (robotics) to find out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back