Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Balancing Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

None of you guy's have made a wireless balancing robot with IR and ultrasonic?

Re: reply

Roboticinfo said:
None of you guy's have made a wireless balancing robot with IR and ultrasonic?

no I havn't

have you?
if you have, could you please post pictures of it i would like to see it
and what do you use the IR and ultrasonic for?

thanks

Well, on mine, after I get it ballancing and remote controlled...my future plans for the extra inputs are to add ultrasonic distance sensors so it can run autonomously without bumping into walls. IR would be an alternative to the ultrasonic.
~Mike

Well I have built one and sold it for $1600 USD but did not take any pic's cause I really didn't want to build it.

I might build another one for somene who want's one and If I do I will take a picture and upload it on here.

:D

robo

can you please post the control algorithm you use in your balbot?
I would be interested in seeing it

or did you not save it?

thanks

No I don't have it anymore because someone stoled my laptop which had all my files for certain robots.

Check this post

When I got my laptop stolen.

OK, back to this project...

I was thinking about the amount of vibration that comes from the motors and how it messes with the accelorameter. What if I used a vibration sensor to cancel out the vibration noise from the motors?
I would need to find a vibration sensor that outputs 2.5 volts at rest in order to easily interface it with the rest of my sensors.

What do you guys think? Would this work or is there a way to implement a second Accelorometer to cancel out the vibrations?
~Mike

You guys should try the GY401 gyro from Futaba. It is easy to interface, has adjustments for gain and delay and is far more precise than anything any of us can build. It is a bit $$$$ at $130 but is well worth the money. I have owned several and OMG they are a dream come true when it comes to gyros.
Its a military/space worthy device in my opinion.

Also, I didnt see it mentioned anywhere but if you are using gyros you need to place them ON AXIS with the wheels. Gyros sense rotation around an axis and to work properly it needs to be on axis. Accelerometers on the other hand do need to be off axis, in fact they work better off axis as their velocity increases the further away it is, but not too far.

If you guys are using accelerometers try moving them away from and toward axis until you find the "sweet" spot.

Not sure what i was thinking in that last post, of course it wouldn't work like that.

Before when I was trying this, I didn't understand the tilt.c file from rotomotion so I didn't use it at all. https://rotomotion.com/downloads/tilt.c
I had forgotten about the file but found it again and figured it out (not hard to figure out, i feel stupid lol).
So, I figured out that all I do is take readings from the gyro and both axis of the accelerometer, then call the state_update() and kalman_update() and I get back 'angle,' 'q_bias,' and 'rate.'
I can't seem to get this to work right though. CodevisionAVR is giving me quite a few errors in this section of code. It doesn't seem to like the "const float" lines...but its selective. Some it leaves along,b ut others give me an error of, "storage modifier not allowed in this context."

Could someone please take a look at this code in Codevision and tell me what I need to change?
Thanks!
~Mike Steinbach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back