Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Avr Fuse bits

Status
Not open for further replies.

kemo0o

hey
i have programmed my device and i was working on its internal Oscillator ( 1MHZ)

Now i have put 4MHZ crystal oscillator on my project but No change in time

:cry:

So i am asking how to configure fuse bits for this crystal on ATMEGA32L
because i am tried twice but The chip after configuration the bits on ponyprog tell me that DEVICE MISSING

So i want the configuration of the fuse bits for it

this is pic from ponyprog for current fuse bits

**broken link removed**

i have tried to understand from datasheet but no way :( :( :(

Have you tried reading the 'Help' file? In your other thread, the one where you thought the AVR chip was damaged, because it would run... What was the problem? How did you get it working? Guessing it was when you switched to the internal clock. I use AVR Studio, so not sure what your check boxes denote, not too motivated to download the manual for Ponyprog to find out.

Anyway, AVR Studio doesn't allow you to set the wrong combinations of fuses, and warns you if you are trying to do something stupid, Pony might not.

Are you sure the crystal is good? Do you have the right capacitors for it?

AVRFREAKS is a much better place to find answers, it's free and a huge knowledge base. There are only a few AVR users here, and I'm no expert. I mostly use the internal clock, as I don't really need the precision. The few times I did, I looked at what other people did in their projects using crystals, and once a three pin resonator. I've even gotten hookup information off a PIC site (thanks Nigel).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back