Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audiograms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nigel Goodwin said:
A pair of eyeballs? - what's an audiogram anyway?.

I wish it were as simple as a pair of eyeballs .. but it isnt

An audiogram is a record generated by an Audiometer. It determines the subject's threshold of hearing at predesignated frequencies.
My point is: these audiograms are calibrated, often on a relative scale..
I wanted the method in which comparisons are made of the old and new grams of the same patient.

The calibration standards are not relative. International standards exist to which these machines are set, using an artificial ear. When calibrated to the same standard, audiograms are merely compared to each other vis-a-vis threshold and frequency. Even if two audiograms are set to different standards, the standards are not radically different from each other, and differ only in a few decibels. Note also that differences between audiograms for the same frequency must be more than 5 dB to be deemed significant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back