Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Apparently I got coal in my stocking this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceadwian

Banned
A thread I had posted in with a rather chaffing and hot headed responce was recently deleted and I received a warning from a moderator of the forum here about insulting another user. My method of impressing my opinion was... upon reflection in poor judgment. I have since voiced my feelings in private messages, and was then by said moderator informed that other users have apparently made complaints against me of an unknown nature.

I do understand that I am a very opinionated user of this forum and make no apologizes for that fact as it will not likely change, however I do apologize if any user of this forum takes offense at the text that I write on this forum, and everyone here is more than welcome to voice their opinions in a private message to me if there is an issue, this is what private messages are for!

For those that have not read every post that I've ever written (and those deleted) or descriptions of my life in chat I would briefly say that my social skills are... under developed, and humbly request in this post for that to be kept in mind when dealing with me directly. My ability to use the English language despite the times I decide to disregard it's conventions is.. a little odd especially with technicalities as I'm learning here just as much as any other user.

With all that said, I would like to point out my new avatar image, the script on the chalkboard is "I will be good" and again humbly ask forgiveness and guidance from every user that has perceived me doing some offense to them.

Last edited:
I was threatened with a ban on the response to my first warning.

Last edited:
Sorry Sceadwian but unless I am missing something I sort of think your still a bit behind schedule given your overall time you have been a member here if you are only now getting up to your first ban warning as of now. :p

I on the other hand, lets see...

I have been warned about... well enough times already. :eek:

I have had a day ban and a week ban as I recall. ;)

I 've gone off the deep end unprovoked once. :(

I've had a good moderator to go off the deep end at and about me unprovoked as well and someone else got permanently booted in regards to it. :eek:

I've partaken in more than a few of the more nastier trolltastic flaming threads ever on this site and got nothing for it though. :confused:

If anything I think I am behind schedule for another warning. :D

And now worst of all I am going to miss seeing your pirate kitty avatar.:(
(Maybe I will have to go on a unprovoked tirade because of it perhaps?) :rolleyes:

I've not seen them I guess. I of course I can seem a bit crass.

You have a very good way of apologizing.
Sceadwian said:
humbly request in this post for that to be kept in mind when dealing with me directly. My ability to use the English language despite the times I decide to disregard it's conventions is.. a little odd especially with technicalities as I'm learning here just as much as any other us

kv:)

Last edited:
How offensive should a post be to deserve a ban, eh? Care to paste some classics? I'm quite careful with the guys over here with the 'pls hlp me fnl yr pjt plzzzzz' BS and it's really hard not to slam them with some derogatory remarks. I really respect Hans for his tact in everything. He seemed to be quite impervious towards these 'plzzzz' guys.

Last edited:
:rolleyes:
How offensive should a post be to deserve a ban, eh? Care to paste some classics?

See these two threads. https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/climategate-hide-the-decline.101095/ and https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/so-what-did-happen-to-all-that-warmth.98773/

If Sceadwian topped either of these in regards to overall bad form I would be curious to see what exactly happened and what lead up to it! :eek:

Drugs? Alcohol? Wild women with low standards? Psychological or metal disorder? Just crabby and tired?(my personal favorite) :D

Maybe he needs to visit with iStephanie https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/hello.102807/ and get some medicinal herbs to help take the edge off?:p

Last edited:
Sceadwian,

Here's a sound bit of advice:
"The only thing worse than learning from experience is not learning from experience."

I think the task is not so much as for us to factor in your "underdeveloped social skills" as you claim, rather that you pause to proof-read or analyze what you are about to post before clicking REPLY.
Meantime, it's admirable that you're aware of shortcomings and humble yourself but, don't humiliate yourself in the process.

Last edited:
We lost Hero99 because of heavy handed moderation. He had the third highest post count!! I nearly walked away about a year ago due to heavy handed moderation. It still leaves a nasty taste.

Mike.

I think the task is not so much as for us to factor in your "underdeveloped social skills" as you claim, rather that you pause to proof-read or analyze what you are about to post before clicking REPLY.
Agreed. I have on occasion, hit Cancel instead of Reply after typing a scathing response. It is always wise to reread what you typed before posting. But somethimes, posting a zinger is irresistible!

:If Sceadwian topped either of these in regards to overall bad form I would be curious to see what exactly happened and what lead up to it! :eek:
Are you implying that his posts in those threads were in "overall bad form"? :D

Last edited:
I don't think he did degrade himself, it's what I might do too.

It takes guts to admit to your own short comings and tendency's to overstate your self important views, and over grandizations of ones own ego and perceived knowledge of subjects in front of basically strangers.
Some people here should take it as a good example too! :)

I know I've done the apology posts before. :eek:
And I respect those who have done them just as much as those who should have known better in the first place. :)
But the type first, think later or not at all, posters are still my favorites! :D

We lost Hero99 because of heavy handed moderation. He had the third highest post count!! I nearly walked away about a year ago due to heavy handed moderation. It still leaves a nasty taste.

That still comes up now and then as to why there are times where anyone and everyone is on the short list for any perceived possible infractions and then later people can go absolutely over the limits in comparison without so much as a raised eyebrow. :confused:

Are you implying that his posts in those threads were in "overall bad form"? :D

Not just his. Self important views, and over grandizations of ones own ego and perceived knowledge of subjects went way over the top for a few others as well. ;)

Hitech, I pause and proof read every post I make.. Some of them go through two or three revisions and the bulk of them are edited after the fact to clarify and sometimes to clean spelling/grammar errors, what you see is the result of that :) sad as that may sound. The time I would have to spend to make everything word perfect and error free is honestly not one of my priorities, nor do I think it should be as most of the time a quick post does just fine to get the point across. Other times it leads to train wrecks of misunderstanding =O But I have to weigh the pros and cons of speaking off the cuff vs analyzing every minutia of possible meaning and grammar.

Agreed. I have on occasion, hit Cancel instead of Reply after typing a scathing response. It is always wise to reread what you typed before posting. But somethimes, posting a zinger is irresistible!
I do that at least once a day sometimes two or three, sometimes after having typed for 5 minutes after I realize there's no way the post I'm writing is ever going to be understood in the way I intend it to be.

And Hitech, believe me I am NOT humiliating myself, the apology was a heartfelt statement to those that have taken offense to any of my posts no matter what they perceive to have been the offense because offense was never intended even if my words were strong or taken offensively.

Not just his. Self important views, and over grandizations of ones own ego and perceived knowledge of subjects went way over the top for a few others as well. ;)
Problem is when the moderator sides with the other side... nothing you can do about it.

I'm currently tryign to reach ElectroMaster via private messages about the whole deal, as I have given up ever attempting to reason with the moderator in question. After I was given the warning I apologized and stated very clearly that I was highly offended about the posts that the user was making which is why (though that does no justify my calling people names) I posted in such a manner. I was told that I could complain all that I want and that if my behavior continues I will be banned. The entire thread has however been deleted, and I only have shreds of it in my log that I can find.

So you had a bad week and life stinks some days. :(

Just take it like I do and assume you will out live them and then just maybe some day you will find out where they are buried and have the chance to go there and relieve yourself on their grave! :D

They say that its the thought that counts and thats what keeps me going some days.:D

(Its also why I may have my headstone placed some where other than where I am atualy buried too!);)

You shouldn't let people get to you, online some people act the part, to provoke the response, trolls. Shouldn't take thing too deeply here, specially when it deals with beliefs and opinions. We can express our own, but we are all unique in some way. Sometimes others agree, sometimes they get offended, just leave it at that. You can't force your beliefs on anyone else, the have to choose for themselves. I've been banned, 24 hours, because I chose the option, not to receive Private Mail, which still think odd, why give the option. I'm just not big on Email. Actually, the moderator needed to get my attention, and of course no access to my regular Email. The transgression, I replied to a SPAM post. Been warned a couple of times, guess I hurt a few feelings, I'm subtle, not sensitive...

Anyway, never saw a problem with the posts, it was in ****-Chat. I didn't like the title 'Denier', didn't seem to accurate, and used in a derogatory manor. But I refrained from being baited into name calling, or similar classifications, tried to stay generalized. It was a fun and amusing topic though, kind of sorry it had to end. Best to just let things go, and move on to more productive things. Moderators are people too, and aren't any more perfect than the rest of us. We do have rules, and are given a great deal of latitude. Sometimes we forget, because we don't get called on every transgression, every time.

Is there an echo in here? ;)

Moderators are people too, and aren't any more perfect than the rest of us. We do have rules, and are given a great deal of latitude. Sometimes we forget, because we don't get called on every transgression, every time.
In a hierarchical structure those above you are always right, even if they are wrong. This is a fundamental precept in hierarchical structures. Those that rock the boat least but are useful gain rank. Much to the dismay of cultures everywhere the world over this does not lead to management which actually knows what it's doing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back