Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone into Harry Potter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon it would make a good fire starter :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Nah.

I havent read not one book.

I seen on Tv what comotion it caused that one shop puted it on the shelfs a few days before the relese date.The 14 pepole that brought the book and had to return it.They ware also forbiten to talk about it to anymone.

Someone Electro said:
The 14 pepole that brought the book and had to return it.They ware also forbiten to talk about it to anymone.

That doesn't sound right. The bookstore would certainly get in trouble with the publisher. But how can they make you return it? And how can they prevent you from talking about it?

Mike

I will read it once my wife finishes... in a few days, likely. I enjoy the story, though it irks me to no end that the author's grammar is lacking.

I managed to read the first few chapters and I found a glaring (in my eyes) spelling error on page 10... unsatisfactory.

I read all the books my children read, and they read quite a bit :)

I like reading books like this. Like some of Tolken's books that were very good.

Reading a book that has been derived from someone's imagination is sometimes alot better than watching a tv show(derived from someone's imagination :) )

I have read the 3,4, and 5th books about Harry Potter and though they were all pretty good. The beginnings are always boring but the rest of the book is very interesting.

Hope to read the sixth one soon :p

D.J.

upand_at_them said:
Someone Electro said:
The 14 pepole that brought the book and had to return it.They ware also forbiten to talk about it to anymone.

That doesn't sound right. The bookstore would certainly get in trouble with the publisher. But how can they make you return it? And how can they prevent you from talking about it?

Mike

It was in canada, they somehow won a court injunction to forbid all the people to talk about it. Also they all returned the book... I think they returned it voluntarily though for special prizes the bookstore offered or something.

I dont know why but I despise books such as harry potter. I guess i'm not the reading kinda guy. They take too long to get to the point. then you find out that the point is meaningless and you wasted 2 weeks on a hammock reading harrypotter to come to the conclusion that otters like cheese !! WTF?!?!?!

""I dont know why but I despise books such as harry potter. I guess i'm not the reading kinda guy. They take too long to get to the point. then you find out that the point is meaningless and you wasted 2 weeks on a hammock reading harrypotter to come to the conclusion that otters like cheese !! WTF?!?!?!""

That is true in some books, so just don't waste time on a hammock, read while you are in the restroom :lol:

D.J.

i saw a harry potter book, it was like 700 pages, but there was maybe 8 sentences per page... nice big spread out letters.

Could have easily been compressed to a 200 (or less) page book.

That was probably the "Order of the Phoenix" witch was almost 800 pages. I read that one, it was pretty good.

But it had way more than eight sentences on each page, maybe that on the each chapter page, where an illustration filled the rest of the page.

I think they are pretty good books, not as great as alot of other authors like Dan Brown or Tolkein, but they are a pretty good read.

D.J.

Emantra said:
Well I didnt read these kind of books for a quite long time. Its better to watch movie n finish all in the books in just <3 hours.

I have yet to see a book based movie that was better than the book. They never capture the whole essence.

fsahmed said:
Emantra said:
Well I didnt read these kind of books for a quite long time. Its better to watch movie n finish all in the books in just <3 hours.
I have yet to see a book based movie that was better than the book. They never capture the whole essence.

Well the movie cant capture all the thing of a book but its a worthy watching a moive than to read a book, coz u dont know when the book is going to finish it might take a long time so I prefer to watch a moive than to go for a book.

I'm not into fantasy books but I enjoyed the Harry Potter books because they were just so well written.

P.S. I also heard that the store offered the people who got the books early to bring them back and they would get JK Rowling to sign them. Dunno if this is true or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back