Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anti-static wrist strap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peepsalot

I was at Fry's electronics the other day, and I noticed a section for ESD wrist straps. Most of them had an alligator clip for attaching to ground. But one of them claimed to be wireless. And was just a strap with a little plastic box on it(not sure what was inside).

Would something like this work as good as a wired ground strap and how is that even possible?

I did a google search, and this link looks exactly like the one I saw in the store:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000A1CEX0/104-0985150-2848701?v=glance&n=172282

Well, if it works, it would be more convenient to not be tethered down.

Are you saying this doesn't do a damn thing?

Well I just went and looked at that wrist strap this thread mentions and they reckon they use the Corona Discharge Effect to get rid of the static charge in your body. After reading up on the description of the corona discharge effect on wikipedia :shock: I'll be stuffed if I'll ever wear one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back