Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

air TV!

Status
Not open for further replies.

epilot

hi there

i think i have heard about a TV or signboard that shows the words and pics
via the air.
this means that the pics and words dont need for a wall or SCREEN such as the projectors and the screen is a layer of the air!

does anyone heard anything about it?

it is very ok if someone could say us how it does work

thanks

FULLY IMMERSIVE SPHERICAL PROJECTION SYSTEM
(THE CYBERSPHERE)
**broken link removed**

Interesting link you sent epilot , sort of a human hamster ball :lol:
there was a video game system like that many moons ago for a space shoot em up/ flight sim where the player sat in a spherical cockpit that floated and spun on an air cushion... never really caught on...the problem of nausesa was never really solved

hi

sorry i wanted to sent the following for you when i sent the PM:

hi and thanks for the link.
although i couldnt saw some of links over there but it was good.

please let me know how it works EXACTLY?
i would like to see a device that shows the pics and movies through the air(only air not the screen)but it seems that device does not do that job...

P.s i have send you A link via the PM,please see it and let me know what is your opinion ....here's my Email Address: mos280@yahoo.com

Thanks

Wod an propeler clock work? It spins LEDs round on an propeler and thurns them on at the right momemts to get an image that looks like its floting in mid air.But you wod need afuly a lot of LEDs to display video.

Someone Electro said:
Wod an propeler clock work? It spins LEDs round on an propeler and thurns them on at the right momemts to get an image that looks like its floting in mid air.But you wod need afuly a lot of LEDs to display video.

And very small LEDs

epilot said:
i would like to see a device that shows the pics and movies through the air(only air not the screen)but it seems that device does not do that job...

You've been watching too much Startrek and Starwars!, as far as I know there's no such device?.

I thought that I heard that they were making progress on holograms. Maybe that show I was watching was full of it :lol:

You wod need etlest 50 of them to display video.But to make it good you wod need about 500 of them.That wod be a SMD LED sodlering and controling nightmare.But its prety much posible.(If you are up to sodlering so mmmaaannnyyy LEDs.And makinhg a circuit to control them.)

The only thing anything like that is the Heliodisplay:
**broken link removed**

It's 2D, not 3D. And I should add that while many, many people (myself included) want to know how it works, it's a closely guarded secret though it's supposed to use lasers. They say it blows out air that is "modified" yet no substances are added. To this date I haven't seen anybody even propose a hypothesis on how this works. I know of no physical principle that could do anything like this but it's been demonstrated publicly and there's no way to "fake" it in person. I mean, you could project on a lot of smoke but its ability to make the projection beam show up would be proportional to the thickness of the smoke, and the pictures show the projection area to be clear. That would also be completely contrary to the claim that it doesn't add anything to the air.

So, doing that one yourself isn't realistic at this time.

blows out air that is "modified" yet no substances are added

Best guess , it uses "fog" .. small droplets of water suspended in air to act as the screen , and a dehumidifier to obtain the water.

hi and thnaks for all words.

"tansis" such as i said i had a problem with the links too so it would be your kind if you send the movie via Email.

"Someone Electro" what do you are talking about is not what i mean,
what you said works based on eyesight error and is not an ....
see: http://www.ledcontrol.narod.ru/eng/index.htm

no really Nigel :lol: i can not recall the last star war i have seen from the TV.

"Oznog" your link was goodhans for i
Heliodisplay!!!

that devie was a good point to what i meant but there was no technical info there :cry:
i can not assume there is no other thing(i think perhaps they are using from a kind of light as a crested screen,or a thing like that)....stupid idea,no?

some days ago i saw via the TV that a company(i think) made some english WORDS on the water!
really the waters that fall from the height were configurated as the letters
there is alot of similarity between the water and the gas(air) :wink:

tansis said:

Best guess , it uses "fog" .. small droplets of water suspended in air to act as the screen , and a dehumidifier to obtain the water.

tansis said:

although i couldnt have a good translate for the "blow out" but my idea was based on 2 thing
1:using the air floats to obtain the screen.
2: using from a kind of light (see my before post)to get the screen
for now i never think about a device that sends the pics via the air and shows them like a gost(like star wars :lol: )

FOG? smoke is good too :D

Well fast moving LEDs is the easest way to make text and images "float" in mid air.And it can be completly home built.

Information Update:

https://www.fogscreen.com/

This is a much improved Heliodisplay , only 2D but with improvements to the airflow making a much more uniform "densisty" screen. Site contains a very good write up as to how it is done along with patent reference number.

I don't think Heliodisplay could dehumidify enough water to make a fog generator. Dehumidifying takes a lot of power and you'd need a great deal of airflow to scavenge moisture this way. Revaporizing it would be a cleanliness issue, it could pick up dust from the air, could be a potential source of Legionaire's Disease, etc.

Methinks Heliodisplay lied to mislead others on their trade secret, yet still nowhere do they mention it needs water.

I don't get how fog could be a good screen. Basically the opacity is low for reasonable thicknesses. But let's assume they did something remarkable- we know they did something remarkable somewhere. As the opacity gets higher and it becomes useful as a screen, then it is no longer a clear screen like it appears in the photos.

I keep thinking they use some kind of polarization effect to make the light interact with the fog in a remarkable way.

In 5 yrs there are going to be some AWESOME haunted houses. But people may end up playing with the monster projectors more than being terrified of them.

what is the story of mirrors and... here?...
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back