Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Air Tasers: Unanswered Questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiba said:
And yet again you have failed to answer the question, what do you intend to do with a 100,000 volt taser? Considering the lethal nature of such a device I would think the moderators will want to know the same question.

Leave DigiTan alone newbie
:roll:

Nice to hear of pyro clubs, we don't have any here, there is far too much legislation. We trying to set one up though.

Anyway, the e-match idea is quite good. I don't think you will need any other charge or prime, the e-match head will give enough force to propel a dart to a decent velocity. Unless you use a bridge match, then obviously you'll need a prime, You probably know already, but you'll only need about 1/20 to 1/10 of a gram of BP, I'd just use meal, you wont need grain powder.

On the technical note, the mythbuster thing was about a bullet I believe. The gunpowder did not get hot and ignite, the current flowing through the case made the case hot and the primer reacted, not the gunpowder. Just to clarify, Black powder and gunpowder are two completely different things. Gunpowder is usually NC and the flash point of both are very high, neither are explosives and neither conduct, they both have very high dielectric strengths. Hope this has busted some myths. :D

Well good luck on the club thing, I know how stubborn local govt. can be with their red tape. Yep, I was having a lot of trouble trying to calculate the right volume because there aren't any sites that give a energy/volume breakdown, but 1/10 was sounds reasonable. 8)

About the HV secondary, I need a way to estimate how much current is passing from the probes so that a dangerous current cannot be delivered. Is it practical to do all this from the HV primary? My voltage there should not be much higher than 300v with the components I'm planning to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back