Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Aerogarden

Shagreobe

Hey all, I have an aerogarden that isnt working. At first, the lights blinked/flashed, then everything stopped working. Any ideas?
here are the boards...

Attachments

• main board.jpeg
    main board.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 158
  • Switch Bac.jpeg
    Switch Bac.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 156
There is something very strange looking with "FB1", centre left between the two black electrolytic caps on the main board, but the photo is not sharp enough to see details.

Soldering of IC1 on "switch bac jpeg" looks faulty. Also just for gp if you are confident ,try replacing both electrolytic caps, they are most "wear prone" items.

It looks like a drop of solder or something on fb1. I didnt notice it before. I think I'll just write an arduino sketch to run it, and use a nano. Only thing needs done really is turn on/off lights, and run a pump 5 min every hour.
Thanks for the good eyes

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back