Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

advice on building a RF modem robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

seun_olowole

i am studying physics(electronics option) at the university of lagos.for my final year project, i intend to build a RF modem robot on the following website https://www.uashem.com/pageid-403.html
i was wandering if there's any textbook or material that will help me build this robot as i lack information on what to do.

I would use a transceiver like the following;

https://secure.oatleyelectronics.com//product_info.php?cPath=47_77&products_id=388

Ditch the one way RF transmitter & receivers as shown in that circuit, now you can have bi-directional data, and its a couple of dollars extra (33 aussie dollars) so you can do additional things such as secure data transfer by interrogating too see if each data packet 'made it', or a display on the remote control side that shows the voltage of the battery on the remote device

gramo said:
I would use a transceiver like the following;

https://secure.oatleyelectronics.com//product_info.php?cPath=47_77&products_id=388

Ditch the one way RF transmitter & receivers as shown in that circuit, now you can have bi-directional data, and its a couple of dollars extra (33 aussie dollars) so you can do additional things such as secure data transfer by interrogating too see if each data packet 'made it', or a display on the remote control side that shows the voltage of the battery on the remote device

Hi Gramo;
I too like to know how to use a RF transmeter and receiver on a PIC based project. I checked on the URL you provided. But it isn't available there.....
Pls check that out.

In RF communication (peer to multipeer); is there a way to identify the sender(tranceiver) by the receiver. [Using PIC16F877A]:confused:

For your final year project, are you allowed to simply copy somebody else's project?
Aren't you supposed to design your own project?

Although it's a old thread the entire project was described in detail on the site. Schematic, source code all there.
Simple design, just a pair of 16F84s used to decode and encode the joystick commands. The tank style wheels are neat.
**broken link removed**

Here's the reason you should use DIP ICs.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
kasunkg said:
Hi Gramo;
I too like to know how to use a RF transmeter and receiver on a PIC based project. I checked on the URL you provided. But it isn't available there.....
Pls check that out.
Sorry We missed Gramo nobody knows what has happened to him.
This is the one you are looking for.See the attachment.

Attachments

• TLPRLP434A.pdf
    34 KB · Views: 321
?!?!?! Doth me eyes deceive me? Are those motors really driving those wheels the way I think they are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back