Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Accessing Long Tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suraj143

Is there any method to use a table above 256 lines?

Let say I have a pointer called Point_H & Point_L .I want to point to my table using those.My table is 512 lines or more longer.

Check the many previous posts here about it, or consult my tutorials - the 8x8 LED matrix one uses two long tables (one for the font, and one for the text string).

Hi Nigel thanks for your reply.I went through your codes that's what I was finding.
Code:
ASCII_Table  	movlw	High(Table)	;perform read from long table
		addwf	offsetH, W
		movwf	PCLATH
		movlw	Low(Table)
		addwf	offsetL, w
		btfsc   STATUS    , C
		incf	PCLATH, f
		MOVWF   PCL

Table		retlw	00h		; Page 0x05
		retlw	.1
		----
		----
		----
		----
		----
		----
		----			; Page 0x06
		----
		----
		----

I have a question.

Can I call the above subroutine in anywhere in PIC memory below 2K?

Ex;I'm calling the above subroutine from page 1.But the above subroutine in page5.Also half of the contents of the lengthy table is in another page (page6).

No no I want to call a lengthy table from the above code.My code is less than 2K boundary.

What I mean was the lengthy table values can cross page boundaries ex:0x05,0x06 etc...In this case will there be a problem?

Last edited:
No no I want to call a lengthy table from the above code.My code is less than 2K boundary.

What I mean was the lengthy table values can cross page boundaries ex:0x05,0x06 etc...In this case will there be a problem?

It can cross boundaries no problem, that's the point of it - even mulitple boundaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back